Lemon eucalyptus oil
Lemon Eucalyptus essential oil is derived from a lemon scented blue gum eucalypti plant. Native to northern Australia, the oil is known for its refreshing aroma that helps create an invigorating environment. The lemon eucalyptus essential oil has a strong, fresh lemon, floral scent, with notes of citronella and eucalyptus.
This essential oil is often valued for its anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, antiseptic, antibacterial, analgesic and calming properties. Lemon Eucalyptus oil is also ideal for surface and skin cleansing, as well as to clear and refresh the air. Additionally, it can improve respiratory health, makes an excellent insect repellent, stimulates circulation and has the beautiful aroma of the Australian Bushland. The scent is very strong and when diffused, is ideal for areas where you want strong aroma but not to diffuse in a bedroom at night.
Just a few ways that you could use lemon eucalyptus essential oils include, to:
- Add to a spray bottle to cleanse surfaces and refresh any room
- Place a few drops in a diffuser to encourage a positive environment with a bright, fresh scent
- Add one to two drops to the palm of your hands, rub together, and inhale to uplift and brighten your day.
- Prevents mosquito bites as well as tick bites when applied to the skin
- Often used in aromatherapy for muscular complaints
Directions for use
- Place 3-4 drops of oil into the pod daily for one week then top up weekly
- For best results leave uncorked
Not to be taken – considered toxic if ingested. Possible skin sensitivity, dilute prior before topical application. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.